July 2 - 5, 2014
Hyatt Regency-Orange County
Garden Grove, CA
Infants ages birth to 2 & Toddler/Pre-School ages 3 - 5/6 $110 by April 1 (see pricing here)
(all days – includes AM & PM snacks)
Infant: Children with WS and their siblings - ages infant to ~2 years (any child not yet walking).
Toddler/Preschool: Children with WS and their siblings - ages 3 - 5 or 6
The infant and toddler/pre-school programs will be held on-site in several hotel meeting rooms along 1 hallway. Infants will have 2 rooms (1 for "quiet time"). Toddlers will have 2-3 rooms of various sizes and access to an enclosed, outside patio where they get some fresh air and exercise.
Entertainment by storytellers, musicians, magicians, etc., will be provided throughout each day, as well as supervised play activities. Each program is directed by experienced day-care providers, who will be assisted by volunteers to insure a ratio of at least 1 volunteer for every 3 children.
• Parents MUST provide all personal necessities for their child such as diapers, formula, and extra clothes.
• Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
• Lunch is NOT provided. All children must be picked up by parents or registered caregivers during the lunch break.
• If your child requires a special diet for snacks you must provide carefully label snacks to the program supervisor.
• Naps will be provided for all children in the infant program and for children in the toddler program upon request by the parent. Porta-cribs will be available for infants. Toddlers will utilize floor mats or portable cots.
• The childcare program is staffed with volunteers. Although they will be briefed on the characteristics of Williams syndrome and told what to expect, many of them will not have had direct experience with children who have WS. If you are not comfortable with a 3 - 1 ratio or if your child has severe behavior issues, we highly recommend that you provide an additional volunteer (relative, older sibling, family babysitter, etc) to accompany your child. Your caregiver will then be SOLELY responsible for your child while in the program. *Please note that the caregiver must submit background check information and the cost for your child to be in the program will not change.
• Children with behavior issues that endanger the safety of other children or prevent others from enjoying the children’s programming will be removed from the program. If a child is removed from the program, parents will then be responsible for caring for their children outside of the structured programs.
• Toddler/Pre-school aged children will be required to wear a convention t-shirt (1 shirt provided) each day. Additional shirts may be purchased for $6 each
• Childcare will be available beginning 30* minutes before the first session time of each day and ending 15 minutes after the final session of each day
*On Wednesday morning, childcare for the infant & toddlers will begin at 8:30