Infant & Toddler/Pre-school Programs
Infant: Children with WS and their siblings - ages infant to 2 years (any child not yet walking)
Toddler/Preschool: Children with WS and their siblings - ages 3 - 5 or 6 (children who are walking)
The infant and toddler/pre-school programs will be held on-site in several hotel meeting rooms on the 3rd floor (one floor above the parent program space).
Entertainment by storytellers, musicians, magicians, etc. will be provided throughout each day, as well as many supervised play activities. Each program is directed by experienced day-care providers, who will be assisted by volunteers to insure a ratio of at least 1 volunteer for every 3 children.
- Parents MUST provide all personal necessities for their child such as diapers, formula, and extra clothes.
- Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
- ALL children must be picked up for lunch.
- If your child requires a special diet for snacks you must provide and administer the snacks.
- Naps will be provided for all children in the infant program and for children in the toddler program upon request by the parent. Porta Cribs will be available for infants. Toddlers will utilize floor mats or portable cots.
- The childcare program is staffed with volunteers. Although they will be briefed on the characteristics of Williams syndrome and told what to expect, most of them will not have had direct experience with children who have WS. If you are not comfortable with a 3 - 1 ratio or if your child has severe behavior issues, we highly recommend that you provide an additional volunteer (relative, older sib, family babysitter, etc) to accompany your child. Your caregiver will then be SOLELY responsible for your child while in the program. *Please note that the caregiver must submit background check info. and the cost for your child to be in the program will not change.
- Children with behavior issues that endanger the safety of other children or prevent others from enjoying the children’s programming will be removed from the program. Parents will then be responsible for caring for their children outside of the structured programs.
- Toddler/Pre-school aged children will be required to wear a convention t-shirt (provided) each day. Additional shirts may be purchased $6 each
Please complete the form below for each child you would like to register in the program. There are 27 questions in the form. Please use the scroll bar on the form itself to access every question and the "release of liability". When you hit the "done" button at the end of the form, the questionnaire is complete and your answers will disappear, indicating that they have been submitted.
A separate questionnaire is required for each child enrolled in convention programs. Please "refresh" your screen to bring back a new form for each child you are enrolling.