The WSA has established a medical treatment assistance fund to help individuals with Williams syndrome receive the best possible care. The fund offers financial support to help families cover the non‐insured expenses associated with essential treatments for their children (of any age).
Covered expenses should be related to essential medical treatments, surgical procedures or 2nd opinions for surgical procedures and include (but are not limited to):
- Travel expenses
- Airfare for individual with WS and one parent if family is out of state
- Mileage expenses, if traveling by car
- Lodging, if treatment requires more than 1 day
- Special equipment or services needed for treatment (non‐covered portion of expense)
- Respite services for siblings while parents are out of town with child with WS
Applications may be submitted by email, fax or postal mail, provided that all required attachments are included.
Awards are made on a rolling basis. Award amounts will be determined by financial need.
Applications and supporting documents can be mailed to:
Williams Syndrome Association, Inc.
Medical Treatment Assistance Fund
560 Kirts Blvd. #116
Troy, MI 48084
For more information, or to send forms by fax or email:
- Phone: 800‐806‐1871
- Fax: 248‐244‐2230
- Email: tmonkaba@williams‐syndrome.org