May is Williams Syndrome Awareness Month, but you can help promote awareness or plan/host an event any time. If you would like to help promote WS Awareness and are looking for information, you have come to the right place!
There are many opportunities for getting involved, from hosting a Walk for Williams to bake sales or library displays! You can also tell stories on social media and hold fundraisers that way. Whether you are a parent, friend, sibling or neighbor of an individual with Williams syndrome, the role you play makes a difference. Thank you for your interest, for your support of the WS community and for helping promote Williams Syndrome Awareness!
HOW TO HOST AN AWARENESS EVENT
Want to host a Walk for Williams? All our walks across the country are hosted by amazing WSA volunteers with our support. Walks are generally in May, but they do not have to be. Some regions like them in April or the fall, which is great!
- Download the coordinator manual to learn more.
- Once you are ready with your walk's details, complete the walk coordinator registration (see below).
Sponsor Solicitation Letter
Know any businesses who want to be a sponsor (we have levels and can give them recognition and naming/advertisement at an event) or provide an in-kind donation (think water, food or an activity). We have a letter you can customize and send them.
Printable Awareness Materials
- WS Quick Info Card (Business card size)
- What is WS/WSA (8.5x11, English) What is WS/WSA (8.5x11, Spanish)
- WS Information Card
- Hands & Heart awareness coloring sheet (8.5x11)
- Shareable WS information cards
- Info Lawn Signs
Other Awareness Month Ideas
- Tell your stories, give a presentation in your child's class or at work (email us for a template!), apply to your city or state government for a proclamation, and more! Learn more.
- Want to host a different kind of fundraiser? Check out these great ideas!
READY TO GET STARTED?
Due to safety concerns regarding large gatherings, we are recommending that walks this year be postponed and scheduled for Fall 2021. If you'd like to host a walk later this year, please email Michele Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.