Thank you to all who attended our national convention!
If you missed the 2018 National Convention in Baltimore, the next best thing is to listen to audio recordings of the sessions. Each session throughout the week was recorded and there are pdf downloads for nearly every presentation included with the download purchase.
Check back in late 2019 (and make sure you're a member so you receive our communications) for information on the 2020 convention. If you haven't been to a convention before, scroll down to see details on 2018.
Next Convention: July 8-11, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ at the Hyatt Regency Downtown
More information will be available in early 2020, including registration for the hotel with WSA convention pricing.
Regional education conferences:
Historic information from our last convention for those who want to see how our conventions work.
About the National Convention
Held Biennially in July, the National Convention brings together the foremost experts on Williams syndrome and related characteristics to discuss the latest research findings, medical treatments and educational strategies. More than fifty educational sessions provide families with the latest resources and information, while children are entertained and cared for in specialized age-appropriate programs.
The 2018 schedule includes:
- Keynote speaker, Mike Porath - Founder of The Mighty.com
- Throughout each day there will also be an IEP "Drop in" Clinic where you can schedule a private appointment with an experienced advocate to review your child's current IEP. Sign up for a free 45 minute one-on-one session with advocacy experts to review your child’s IEP and get general suggestions for making current goals stronger, more appropriate goals to add, requesting services, etc. Sessions are available throughout the day, every day! If you are planning to attend the Convention, please pre-register your scheduled advocate session at http://www.wsa2018-advocates.com/
- "Roundtable" small group discussions throughout each day - you pick the topic you'd like to discuss and invite others to join you at your table or join someone else at theirs for informal discussions and information exchanges
- Private Block Party in Little Italy - Live Music, Great Food, Crafts for the kids - all within 3 blocks of the hotel.
- Pricing overview below. For those registering three or more children in one family, call the office to do this and we will assist.
Bee Strong Therapy Initiative. Click the logo for more information!