The WSA has several scholarship funds. Scholarships are provided annually to families and individuals with WS based on financial need. Funding is provided for camps, conventions, post-secondary, transition and life skills programs, and music lessons. We also have a medical treatment assistance program.
Scholarships for camps are decided by April 1 of each year. Contact the main office at email@example.com for information about scholarship opportunities.
Scholarships are currently available for:
- Post-secondary/transition and life skills programs for adults with WS
- National Convention
- Camp and enrichment programs
- Chloe Reisig Memorial Scholarship Fund Application (Music lessons and musical instruments)
MEDICAL TREATMENT ASSISTANCE
The WSA has established a medical treatment assistance fund to help individuals with Williams syndrome receive the best possible care. We offer financial support to help families cover the non‐insured expenses associated with essential treatments for their children (of any age). Covered expenses should be related to essential medical treatments, surgical procedures or 2nd opinions for surgical procedures and include (but are not limited to):
- Travel expenses
- Airfare ‐ for individual with WS and one parent if family is out of state
- Mileage expenses if traveling by car
- Lodging ‐ if treatment requires more than one day
- Special equipment or services needed for treatment (non‐covered portion of expense)
- Respite services for siblings while parents are out of town with child with WS
Applications may be submitted by email, fax, or postal mail, provided that all required attachments are included.
Awards are made on a rolling basis. Award amounts will be determined by financial need.
Applications and supporting documents can be mailed to:
Williams Syndrome Association, Inc.
Medical Treatment Assistance Fund
560 Kirts Blvd. #116
Troy, MI 48084
For more information, or to send forms by fax or email:
- Phone: 800‐806‐1871
- Fax: 248‐244‐2230
- Email: tmonkaba@williams‐syndrome.org