Thank you for your interest in attending the 2020 National Convention in Phoenix, AZ! We will be providing need-based scholarship awards to both individuals and families at various levels (up to a maximum award of $2000) to help offset convention expenses for educational sessions and programs (parents/caregivers and children/adults with WS and their siblings) and travel. Optional items are not covered by scholarships. Our general scholarship fund information is below, so please continue with that if it applies to you.
We also have the PM Minority Scholarship Fund, established by a very generous peer. The PM Minority Scholarship Fund is intended to increase access to WSA programs for black families in financial need. Funding priorities are for African-American, Caribbean, African or Black Latino (from Latin American countries) families. Central and South American as well as Caribbean Latinos may also apply. For more information, and to apply, click here.
Please be aware of the following details regarding your scholarship application:
1. Membership: Scholarship applicants must be current members of the WSA (membership is complimentary). Williams-syndrome.org/membership
2. Qualified first‐time attendees receive preference for funding. Recipients of previous scholarships will be provided awards to the extent that we are able.
3. Tax Returns‐ copies of the first 2 pages of your 2019 (or 2018 if 2019 is not yet available) tax return.
4. Documentation is required to support any “out of pocket” expenses referenced on your application.
5. Deadline: Awards are given on a need-based "first come" basis. The completed application, and all other requested documentation must sent electronically or via mail no later than March 13, 2020. (Please note, your application cannot be considered until your tax form is received and we cannot guarantee that funds will be available)
6. Award notifications will be sent on or before Monday, April 6, 2020.
7. Please download, fill out all information (this is a fillable PDF, so no need to hand write!), save and email this pdf application along with uploaded tax documents and other documents as required back to us.: convention@williams‐syndrome.org
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also print all documents and return to:
WSA Convention Scholarship Committee
570 Kirts Blvd. #223
Troy, MI 48084
2020 Convention Fees:
Educational Programming for Adults Individual Parent/Caregiver Registration: $350.
2 Adults in same family $500 (includes continental breakfast each day—lunches and dinners are not included).
Programs for Individuals with WS and their siblings:
- Infant/Toddler $150 each (includes snacks/does not include lunch)
- School age (Camp) $200 each (includes transportation & lunch)
- Teens/Young Adults $200 each (includes all excursion fees & lunches when off‐site)
- GANG/Dream Team $200 each (includes all excursion fees & lunches when off‐site)
*Convention special WSA rate is $119 plus tax a night.