NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OR ABILITY TO WIN. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. SEE THE “ODDS OF WINNINGS” SECTION BELOW FOR MORE DETAIL. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO “ENTRANTS” AS DEFINED IN PARAGRAPH 1 BELOW. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ENTRY THERETO ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AVAILABLE HERE., WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ADMINISTERED, ENDORSED, OR AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY BY OR WITH FACEBOOK®, TWITTER®, INSTAGRAM® OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
NOTIFICATION OF ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. THESE RULES CONTAIN A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION, AS SET FORTH BELOW
Sweepstakes Name: DISNEY DREAM VACATION GIVEAWAY (“Sweepstakes”).
Sponsor (“Sponsor”): Williams Syndrome Association, 560 Kirts Blvd., Suite 116, Troy, MI 48084-4153
Administrator (“Administrator”): Williams Syndrome Association, 560 Kirts Blvd., Suite 116, Troy, MI 48084-4153
1. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY. An “Entrant” is a person who (i) is a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) is at least 18 years old and has reached the age of majority in the state in which he/she resides as of the time of entering the Sweepstakes, (iii) from the date of departure and through the date of return is not prohibited from traveling by commercial airline to and from Orlando, Florida (iv) is not on the US Bureau of Industry and Security’s Denied Persons or Entity Lists, is not on the US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals, and is not on the US Department of Commerce's Table of Denial Orders, and (v) complies with the Method of Entry & Entry Requirements in Section 4 below. Officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, partners, employees, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and Administrator, its parent company (if any), subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live), and those persons living in the same household with such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, unless prohibited by law, publicity release.
2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Entry Period begins at 8:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on March 1, 2023 and ends at 11:30 a.m. CT on April 30, 2023 (“Entry Period”).
3. DISQUALIFICATION. Without limitation, an Entrant may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, if (i) Entrant has a pending arrest or conviction for a felony or misdemeanor involving a crime of moral turpitude, (ii) Entrant is subject to a restraining order; (iii) Entrant fails to meet the Method of Entry & Entry Requirements in Section 4; or (iv) Entrant violates or fails to comply with these Rules or the Sponsor’s Terms & Conditions located here.
4. METHOD OF ENTRY & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. One Entry will be allocated for each donation of $100 to Sponsor, which donation may be made online at this address: http:Williams-syndrome.org/sweepstakes. Each Entrant is entitled to a maximum of ten (10) Entries (one for each $100 donated) in the Sweepstakes.
Alternatively, you may complete up to ten (10) handwritten 3x5 index cards with your first and last name, physical address (no post office boxes), daytime telephone number, and email address and send it to Attn: Sweepstakes Entry, Williams Syndrome Association, 560 Kirts Blvd., Suite 116, Troy, MI 48084-4153. Each index card must be handwritten and you may include a maximum of five (5) postcards in one envelope. Kentucky residents may request postage reimbursement by writing "Please reimburse postage" on the 3x5 cards. Reimbursement will be in the form of one first-class U.S. Postal Service postage stamp. Entries received via index card must be postmarked on or before the date on which Entry Period ends and must be received by Sponsor at the address stated above within seven (7) days after the Entry Period ends. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due entries or other mail. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and no entry will be acknowledged or returned.
5. ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UNPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
6. PRIZES. One (1) $10,000 gift certificate to the Sponsor’s selected Disney Travel Agent valid for one year from the award date. If requested, winner shall provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number as a condition of the Prize being awarded. The Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Income taxes on the Prize are solely the responsibility of the Winner. The total retail value of the Prize is $10,000.
7. SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Each Winner will be determined by random drawing on May 7, 2023 which will be conducted by Administrator. The Winner will be announced on or about May 7,, 2023 at www.williams-syndrome.com/sweepstakes. The Winner will be contacted via the email addresses or other contact information furnished by Winner when completing the entry form(s) or otherwise registering for the Sweepstakes. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) calendar days of notification. Failure to timely return the documents and/or requested information, or the return of any prize or prize notification as being undeliverable, or if a Winner is determined by Administrator to be ineligible, Winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected and notified in the same manner as the original random drawing from eligible entries. Three alternate drawings will be held, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded. All decisions of Administrator are final. ODDS OF WINNING EACH PRIZE ARE DEPENDENT UPON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
8. TAXES. The valuation of the prize stated above is based on reasonably available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of all Prizes awarded to a Winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Entrants winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. DISCLAIMER. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
11. EARLY TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes if (i) fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of the Sweepstakes, in the opinion of the Sponsor/Administrator; (ii) if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor/Administrator or (iii) an act of God or other circumstance reasonably beyond the control of Sponsor/Administrator adversely impacts the ability of the Sponsor/Administrator to deliver the Prize, e.g., a pandemic, acts of terrorism, acts of war, weather, supply chain disruptions, etc. In the event of early termination of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to determine, but is not required to determine, any prize winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of such termination.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, RELEASE & FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, Administrator, Administrator’s affiliates, Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and other third parties are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (ii) lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; (iii) inaccessibility of any website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (iv) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (v) destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Site; (vii) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to an Entrant, to an Entrant’s or any other person's computer equipment arising out of or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes, use of any website or the download of any information from any website; (viii) any attempt by an Entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, which may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and/or (ix) lost, stolen, or destroyed passports, airline tickets, hotel reservation documents, or any other items or materials required to claim, use or benefit from the Prize. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, Administrator, Administrator’s affiliates, and Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns; and each of the foregoing’s respective past and present officers, directors, owners, shareholders, members, managers, partners, principals, employees, attorneys, insurers, agents and representatives (collectively "Released Parties") shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission of Entrant or any third party; or (ii) by any cause, condition, or event beyond the control of the Released Parties, including, without limitation, any act of God, war, terrorism, riot, hurricane or fire.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY, FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS EACH RELEASED PARTY FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITIES (SUCH AS ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NON-USE OF ANY PRIZE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSABLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, DEMANDS, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION FOR NEGLIGENCE, DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF CONSORTIUM, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND ALL OTHER FORMS OF CLAIMS, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
By entering the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1452, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST BE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
13. ARBITRATION; DISPUTE RESOLUTION: All disputes arising under or related to these Rules shall be governed by and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan and the United States of America without regard for conflicts of laws principles. All disputes arising under or relating to these Rules shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration in Oakland County, Michigan, and any award shall be confirmed exclusively in the courts situated in Oakland County, Michigan. Entrant further irrevocably agrees and consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts situated in Oakland County, Michigan for the purposes of reviewing, confirming or otherwise relating to any arbitration award, and Entrant hereby expressly waives jurisdiction and venue in any other forum for such purposes. Any arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all findings of fact and conclusions of law, and shall be kept confidential and not disclosed for any purpose except as required by law, e.g., disclosure to tax advisors for the purpose of filing a tax return. Any such arbitration shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing.
14. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. ARBITRATION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. YOU MAY NOT JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS OR PARTIES IN ARBITRATION, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY, AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO FILE ANY SUCH CLAIM OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY PROCEEDING IN ANY SUCH CAPACITY. YOU FURTHER HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
15. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Official Rules and Winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address set forth above. Residents of Vermont are not required provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for return postage. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the Winners have been announced.
Thanks and best of luck!