2022 Williams Syndrome Association National Convention
When: Tuesday, July 12 - Saturday, July 16, 2022
Where: Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel 1551 N. Thoreau Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Volunteers are key to making our biennial conventions a huge success! Over 150 volunteers each day ensure that our programs run safely and smoothly. We're looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Childcare - Infant, Toddler Programs: Be a play partner for children with Williams syndrome* and their siblings while their parents attend important medical and educational sessions on Williams syndrome.
School-Age Program: Be a “camp counselor” at our on-site day camp program for children ages 6 – 12 with WS and their siblings. Multiple-day availability is a plus!
Teen and Adult Companions (in hotel and community): Go “out and about” in the Northwestern Chicago/Schaumburg area with groups of our teens and adults (most of whom have WS) as they enjoy local attractions and in-house programming.
General: Program registration tables, evening activities, and more.
Volunteers are needed Wednesday, July 13 – Saturday, July 16
- Infants and Toddlers (onsite): 7:45 am – 12:00 pm and 12:45 pm – 4:30 pm
- School-aged camp (onsite): full day – 7:45 am – 4:30 pm
- Teens (combination of on and offsite): full day – 7:45 am – 4:30 pm
- Adults with Williams syndrome (combination of on and offsite): full day – 7:45 am – 4:30 pm
IMPORTANT: Out of an abundance of caution for our members, all convention attendees (families, staff, speakers, and volunteers) must be fully vaccinated, including booster if eligible, UNLESS under the minimum vaccination age at the time of the convention. Additionally, depending on COVID status and CDC guidelines at the time of the convention, a negative test taken within 24 hours of arrival may also be required. Children under the minimum vaccination age will be required to wear masks indoors (except those age 2 and under) and all volunteers working with that group of children must be masked. Masks are strongly encouraged for all participants indoors and may be required depending on COVID status at the time of the convention. There will be no exceptions.
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS AND PROVISIONS
- Volunteers must be 16 or older to work in the infant and toddler programs.
- Volunteers must be 16 or older to work in the school-age program.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older to work in teen and/or adult programs.
- Age exceptions may be made for mature siblings of individuals with WS. Please contact WSA office.
- Lunch will be provided for all volunteers working a shift of six or more hours in a day.
- Entry fees for off-site program excursions will be covered by the WSA.
- Volunteers working in any program will be asked to wear volunteer t-shirts provided by the WSA.
For more information, contact Michele Bauer at 800-806-1871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.